Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I'm just going to go eat a sandwich in my car."

Yesterday started out overcast. But the sun came out, eventually.

The boy in the purple pants at the record store stumbled with my change. The little blond girl holding a copy of "The Wizard of Oz" on vhs made me smile. My dad bought me a mood ring and a book for my thoughts. I learned that putting my car in neutral is a good idea. Being social can be as simple as sitting in a crowded place with a good friend. Knowing people is nice. Knowing people are there for you is even nicer. Blending in isn't as overrated as I thought. Watching lovers argue is painful. Watching lovers argue makes me want a lover to argue with. It is in dim lighting and smokey air that you truly know who a person is. Safe usually means sorry. We drove past Chicago street and I nearly lost my breath. She was speechless and thinks you're a coward. Simplicity is better. Sitting at bars while bartenders look at you, trying to figure out your birthday and not saying a word is mildly empowering. Tipsy thoughts are clearer and more potent than drunken ones. Choking on a sandwich in a car is a funny thing.

It looks like the clouds are coming back. Looks like I've gotta go scare them away.

No comments: