Saturday, January 31, 2009

My name is Harvey Milk and I'm here to recruit you!

I started my day by going to see yet another matinee alone.
The film was beautiful and captivating.
It filled me up to my brim with hope and optimism.

I saw a old man walking in the cold, pushing a cart
with his oxygen tank. He slipped on some ice
and I cried. My dad then proceeded to make things
worse by adding, "Well, if your car wasn't such a mess,
we could have given him a ride."

Some of my most cherished moments are
those I spend talking with my 90 year old grandmother.
It is within those moments that I feel secure about the choices
I make and the life I hope to have.
She is amazing.

I'm going to Texas in March.
I am not that excited.
My twelve year old sister is "gifted"
and recently accepted Jesus Christ as her savior.
My grandmother will tell me how I will most likely end up like my mother.
She will also disapprove of my weight.
Don't get me wrong. I am happy to see them both.
I'm just not ready to feel inadequate any more than I already do.
But I suppose it will be nice to leave Michigan.

I've been driving too much lately.
I've been doing a lot of favors lately.

I might be suffering from a sexual identity crisis.

The only things that would cheer me up
would be a chocolate milkshake, a kiss and
a jew fro. Mainly the jew fro.

1 comment:

Rich Armaly said...

A kiss and a milkshake to make you happy? Done and done.