Sunday, January 18, 2009

am I making sense?

My mother called with a familiar urgency in her voice.
She and her boyfriend were busted for pot last night.
Handcuffs and all.
The police confiscated $350 of bagged product ready to be sold,
some papers, some bongs, a straw and a razor.
The police wanted "the big fish"

Why is it so hard for me to be happy for people I love?

My eyes are always at half mast.

Although the snow has become nothing but a complete annoyance to me this winter, I can't help but smile when it snows the way it is at the current moment. Big flakes that accumulate into soft pillows of white, glittering in and out of headlights, falling in slow motion. With beauty like this, it's impossible to be anything other than hopeful.

These feelings are so inconvenient.

No comments: