Saturday, January 24, 2009

Godspeed.

I woke up this morning and went to a matinee alone. The movies are a completely different experience when you go by yourself. The movie I saw was about being trapped in a life you never asked for. Although it was not what I had hoped, it still successfully filled my mind
with aggressive and worried thoughts.

The better part of my afternoon/evening has been spent almost entirely on saving the life of one particular, ungrateful fish. He truly has no idea the aggravation I have gone through to make sure his life is more than satisfactory.

I went to the store and I've never felt so small. My shopping cart contained a bottle of soda, a fish aquarium and a birthday card. But I wanted to desperately look into my cart and see things that would surely be evidence to passing strangers of a content and fulfilled life.
Ingredients of something other than indifference, perhaps.

The Jenny Lewis comparisons are never ending.
Never. Ending.

I'm twenty years old.
This is the best I'll ever be.
Isn't that frightening?

I need to be reinvented.

No comments: