Tuesday, January 6, 2009

four kicks.




I think I love my simple, solitary life.

I am home alone, listening to The Grateful Dead, gathering quarters for the manual car wash,
contemplating a $10 hair cut, thinking only of the choices I will soon have to make.

I have six days off of work. I'm not sure I'll be able to love my solitary life as I do right now.
I doubt I'll remain content with my restless mind for six whole days. But I'll make the best of it.
If I had more money, I would go to Chicago or New York for a few days. But it looks as though Michigan is all I've got. For now, anyway.

Things are moving in a strange rotation.

I find that people have been feeling noticeably more sorry for me lately.

I can't wait for the day when I can say "we" and "us"


A Sonic just opened ten minutes from my house.
It had an 1 hour 45 minute wait.
I went to Burger King instead.
The space between my thighs is the best cup holder.

No comments: