Monday, April 27, 2009

two part harmony.



"The world is dying to meet you"

Spring is so, so wonderful that I find it to be completely exhausting.

Yesterday I went to a used book sale. The books I purchased perfectly summarize who I am; Get Happy: Biography of Judy Garland, a thesaurus, Survival, Evasion and Escape: A guide published by the U.S Army in 1968 and The Art of Loving. I went to a concert, too. Every song was about love, which was tiring but opened a few closed windows in my barely open mind.

It is windier than usual today. Our windows are open and the drapes keep blowing upward. The trees are sporting their new growth and the cherry blossoms are popping. Now is the time for something good. I think.

Some people find my ceaseless crusade to be romantic. While others think my relentless attempts are pathetic; they think I look desperate. The truth is, I'm fighting for someone who won't fight for himself. So, I've come to a viable solution; my only option. I've made the choice to surrender. However, I am not waving my white flag out of defeat, no. I am waving it out of indifference. If you want me, then you'll have to find me. I'm worth fighting for. I am (as you are) a creature of endless value. I cannot promise you that I'll be waiting with open arms. And I certainly can't promise a open heart. But we'll burn that bridge when we cross it; if we ever cross it. But before I go off waving flags and burning bridges there are a few things you should know. I had a good feeling about all of this and I truly believed that something good was to come of it. I am in no way superior to you. My feelings and intentions were and are true and unassuming. And I firmly believe that we will both soon find whatever it is we are looking for, or something like that.

"Anyone who imagines that all fruits ripen at the same time as the strawberries knows nothing about grapes."- Paracelsus

I know very little about very much. I know nothing about fruit.

No comments: