Wednesday, April 8, 2009

this need not be.


Toiling with ennui, I opted against falling into bed to watch a movie I've seen a dozen times or more. Instead, I went on a bike ride. Granted, I only went to the beach and back but factor in 40 mph winds (perhaps an exaggeration), flat tires (almost) and one particularly flaccid, out of shape smoker and that makes for one exhausting adventure. I saw some deer and I heard some frogs. I saw two lovers holding hands, walking with the water.

Speaking of adventure, I travel to Chicago in just a few days (via Mega Bus.) I have yet to prepare myself for the disappoint that will surely come with hearing the words, "You're not what we're looking for."I'm not sure what I'll do in Chicago. I have no money (approximately $8.) I guess I'll just walk around for hours watching the city change colors. That should be nice. Perhaps I'll just say hello to everyone I pass and I can tell everyone back home that I made a few thousand friends.

People never cease to amaze me. No matter how bad things may seem to be, there is always something to laugh about. Even so, I must wait another 2 weeks to know whether or not I can laugh a little easier. I don't know what I'm so worried about. I should be fine, right? My body is just playing vicious little magic tricks on me. But no matter the outcome I suppose it is all very, very funny...right? Right.

You know what else is funny? I wanted to hear those silly words from somebody else. But like the great Mick Jagger once said;
"You cant always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need"
Right on, Mick. Right fucking on, man.

No comments: