Sunday, December 7, 2008

I picked fucking Rain Man!











After much discussion on how stupid I am for wanting to drive an hour away in our first snow storm to see Stella in Ann Arbor, my dad forked up the keys and I was able to leave without further repercussions. I stopped at McDonalds first and I was excited to see that they had made my burger so neat and tidy, which was perfect for driving. Seriously. I was excited. I drove 50 mph on the freeway the entire time. Got turned around downtown. Got pelted with a snowball. Met Jessica and J.R in line. Got right in. Went to the front. The opening dude was hilarious. I realized that I love middle eastern american men way too much. Stella came out. It was amazing, obviously. I laughed myself into sickness. Seriously. I felt ill from laughing so much. I've become completely rubbish at summerizing my life and my experiences. It was awesome.
The drive home was torture, mainly due to my insane headache and nausea. So I sang to myself a song I wrote and attempted to drink the thickest, most impossible milk shake ever.
(As a reader, it is safe for you to assume that I stopped at McDonalds twice.)

I realized that I'm growing apart from everything and everyone I've ever known. Well, it's not me. It's everyone else who is growing with the natural progression of love and life. I'm the one standing completely still, watching everything change. I'm scared. Terrified, actually.

"Wait, are you crying?"
"What? Oh. Yeah."
"Whats the matter?"
"Nothing really. I just think about things and upset myself."
"Like what?"
"It's nothing that anyone can change. I mean, I can. But I can't."
"Is it the blues? I get like that."
"Yeah. Very specific, love sick blues."

I think I will put everything I own into garbage bags and make a trip to the Salvation Army.
Theres only one thing I want, the rest is nothing to me.

I'm buying everyone packages of underwear for Christmas.
Fuck it.

No comments: