Tuesday, December 16, 2008

(fig. 1)
"I just want to be treated like a human being"

When we say (usually out of anger or disappointment or betrayal) we want to be treated like a human being, what does it mean and why do we feel we are entitled to be treated like this? And who is to say humans deserve to be held in such high esteem to the point that we must verbally express our desire to be treated as such? And if we were all to be treated as human beings (in other words, exactly the same), would compassion even exist at all? Would there be ANY consequences for ANY actions?
For now on, perhaps we should beg to be treated how we feel we deserve to be treated. Having said that, I suppose I am only worthy of this unrelenting urge to drive my car into the lake.

(fig 2)
I just ate 5 pieces of pizza and 3 blocks of chocolate and 3 glasses of Dr. Pepper. Having said that, I'm still hungry.

(fig 3)
I've narrowed what I want for Christmas down to one, little thing...
I want a DNA test. Because I've gone far too long with this undeniable notion that Claudia Schiffer is my biological mother and I'm at that crucial point in my life where I think I could really use her, you know? Santa.....pretty please?

(fig 4)
Claudia, if you're reading this (which I realize there's probably a 75% chance that you are) this is a desperate and very public plea to you. Surely there was a time in your life where you may have stumbled into a Michigan bar (possibly around January-February 1988) and found yourself intoxicated and attracted to that man in the skinny jeans and the long hair (possibly named Jerry) the same man you would find yourself embraced by later that night, the same night you had forgotten until this very moment? Mom....can I call you that? Make my Christmas wish come true.

(fig 5)
I am wayyyyy too creepy. But I guess it's better than being human.

No comments: