Saturday, June 20, 2009


More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing
It was fun for a while


Champagne and late night cigarettes with the girl from Iceland, tugging hair, painting faces, doppelgangers, lipstick on wine glasses, invasive and persistent flashbulbs, new acquaintances, playing dress up, pink water, drifting right, bloomers and bow ties, congratulatory words, play list adoration, birds of paradise, 2am and 3am and 4am, smoke induced hallucinations, a nap on a strange couch, saying 'thank you', negative association, rain filled reflections, mid summer's day karaoke, roaring thunder, fake laughter, dump trucks, feeling whole, old vices, hazard lights, makeshift garment bags, newspaper stained finger tips, sloppy signatures, little details, angry and cathartic walks, feeling sexy, pillow forts, $63 paychecks, second and third place ribbons, stopping in the middle, spontaneous interventions, apologizing excessively, a lonely breakfast with pen and paper and realizing you can't describe color.

How many failed marriages does someone need to go through before they realize what they need to do differently? Let's hope 5 is the end of it.

I've exhausted my welcome. I have to stop assuming people are here to help. It's selfish of me.

I hate money.


I wonder how many times we were in love and didn't even know it.

I wear red lipstick now and mens tshirts. I don't fucking care.

We're always missing out, aren't we?


They say the camera loves me, but it's not a real love so who cares, anyway?


[unedited photos by Josh Band Photography]

1 comment:

Brian said...

The camera makes no love, cameras just allow a medium for those to test the ability of the soul to feel the emotion beneith.

I don't feel any emotion from you, just an attempt by mr band to convey some. This is how I know there is no love between you and the camera, not yet. Just a twitch, and some hormones now.