Monday, November 17, 2008

This is what I’ve come to expect, I said to myself.


It is official.
Winter is upon us.
And to it I must say, "Go fuck yourself."
As beautiful as it is to watch snow fall,and to see snow line bare branches and cover lawns,I can't help but feel winter is a ruthless cunt. It's nothing personal, winter. It's not you, it's me.

I dressed mannequins and bust forms at work today.
I took the most care with the men.
I removed their clothes with delicate ease
and thought deeply about what they should wear.
A sweater vest here, a tweed coat there.
I was even commended on my clothing selection.
This might be because I secretly want to be a boy.
It must be nice to say things you mean and get away with it.

I took less effort with the girl mannequins only because their bodies frustrate me.
But just because I was careless, doesn't mean you should be.
They're fragile and so are we.

Note to self
: Avoid becoming one of those middle aged ladies
who refer to clothing as "funky" or "fun"
Seriously.

No comments: