Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

"You gotta be the one,
you gotta be the way"

The past few days have been whirlwind like in nature, but in all actuality the past few days have been just the same. So, I find it only appropriate to summarize the aforementioned past few days in a whirlwind matter; in true haphazard fashion;

A vast sea of comic books, mutants and moon shadows, pulling a radio flyer wagon, peanut butter cookies, rough drafts,a little red dress, one long drive on empty, duct tape on a door, duct tape on a window, mustaches and keg beer, older men fascinated with my wasted youth, further demotion, grimace and the hamburgler, track #6, feeling heroic, heated argument over what belongs to me, bursts of unexpected wind carrying cherry blossom petals into my face, finding our groove, undesirable sobriety, red to blond thoughts, finding a house without directions, Romeo & Juliet, track #6, technicolor scars, Julie Newmar, jumping on train tracks, climbing barbed wire fences, feeling defeated, The Last Batgirl Story, waking from a dream where I was defiant and oblivious, clumsy and unfocused pirouettes, impatient hands holding a silent phone, disowning once trustworthy butterflies, irrational and exaggerated exclamations, snapping at friends hopeful words, choking fits induced by laughter, eating massive amounts of humble pie, crying "I can't do this" and screaming "I did it", running in nylons, financial sacrifices for rock and roll, walking on the top of the world, faking it, feeling lucky, blurry photographs and track #6.

If my car were a cat, it'd be on its ninth life.

I should have known things wouldn't be easy.
I'm putting it to rest or setting it free.
Either way, it's no longer a part of me.
Wait. Not yet. Okay?

Dandelions are unappreciated.

No comments: